Sweet Facts About The 1340 Cafe and Sweet Shop!
- We were established in 1965 as the Dari Twist. We changed our name in 2016 to 1340 Cafe & Sweet Shop. Our shop is one of the oldest, continually running businesses in Dresden, having operated for 54 years in the same location.
- As a part of the Tri-Valley community, we are honored to be the place to gather and treat yourself and your families to something great. Come and celebrate that home run, great report card, or even that you made it to Friday!
- We love books and literacy, and have given away more than 300 free cones as reading rewards to Tri-Valley students.
- We love our employees. All of our team members make higher than minimum wage, enjoy a safe and fun work environment, and are treated by management with the respect they deserve.
- We love good food. Many of our menu items are made from scratch from single ingredients and always made to order.
- Call ahead! You are busy and we know it. Call your order in and have it hot and waiting when you arrive.
- Real food takes time. Because all of our food is made to order, it does take a bit longer to cook. The taste and freshness squarely are worth the time it takes to do it right.
- We want to be your place to celebrate the everyday moments. We have recently redone our outdoor eating area with new seating, trash receptacles, and fun lights! We now also offer free Wi-Fi for customers and always a welcoming and friendly staff.
- We are all about the best ice cream! We offer only the highest quality 10% soft serve and Ashby's Sterling hand-dipped. You know the difference the moment you taste it.
- We love our home town! We think that Dresden is home to amazing people, a beautiful town, and a remarkable legacy. We are proud to be a part of this big-hearted community.
- We love a good burger - our 1340 Special is made with only fresh ground beef, real cheese, fresh vegetables and the tastiest Brioche bun! (We have been told it's the best burger around, no kidding.)
- Order online! Make your day even simpler by placing your order online and picking up at your convenience. No fishing for cash or waiting to be checked out, couldn't be easier.
- We love giving back to this village. We are longtime supporters of the Harper 5k, Dresden Elementary, TVHS Choir, TV Soccer, TVHS Boys Baseball, and the Dresden Community Association.
- We are a veteran-owned business and regularly offer a 10% discount to our veterans. We thank them for their service.
- We appreciate our volunteer fire fighters and offer them a standard discount for their amazing commitment to our town.